Senior Java Backend Engineer with Docker experience (m/f/d)
Since 2004 Storecast has been developing a wide range of digital sales tools for MediaMarkt and other software solutions for retail customers from all over Europe. Currently, the company employs over 20 qualified, ambitious and fun loving professionals. We are not only looking for a new employee with skills that fit our tech stack, but also for an agile-minded team player to join our Storecast family in Berlin. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and work together with open-minded people who are focused on sharing their knowledge and building great products.
We love the challenge to connect offline and online commerce successfully with each other. Our full stack team of 20 developers design the software that allows our clients to present information in a fast, efficient and engaging way. Our smart tools include electronic shelf labels, video walls, digital consultation tables etc.
- Maintain and develop new backend/API services using Java/Spring
- Deploy containerized open source solutions using Kubernetes
- Implement core features across our stack of backend services
- Write tests for your own code & fix bugs
- Review pull requests from your peers
- Be part of the Backend Guild, share your knowledge, discuss approaches and ideas with the rest of the team
- Practical experience with developing stable, well tested, monitored and well documented API and worker services
- Very good knowledge of Java SE 8 and enterprise development, using Spring Framework and Hibernate
- Practical experience with Docker
- Ability to code in Kotlin
- Maven and Jenkins (Maintenance, building pipelines)
- Understanding and experience with common API communication protocols
- Fluent in English
Nice to have (but not required):
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- PostgreSQL DB, DB migrations with Flyway
- Raspberry / Low - Power Board development
What are the benefits of Storecast?
- Comfortable offices in Berlin-Mitte
- Equipment and hardware of your choice, including height adjustable desks
- Regular team and off-site events
- Free drinks, coffee and fruits + wide variety of subsidised lunch options
- Flexible working and option to work from home occasionally
- Opportunity to make great ideas come to life!